Yes, the rumors are true -we've moved into a big kick-ass new shop!... And yes, we are having a party on Friday Sept 2nd:
" Join Defiant Pack in celebrating the opening of our new location at 2557 Dolores Way, Carbondale, Friday, September 2nd from 5:30-9:00 PM. Next to the bike path, Defiant Pack is the valley’s source for locally made custom bikepacking and bike touring bags."
- Yes we'll have a keg from RFBC.
- We'll have appetizers & grill food while they last. (Bring extra goods for the grill if you want.)
- Party Raffle: We're going to throw a raffle for Defiant Pack schwag & custom bags - bring your bike decked out with Defiant Pack goods for extra credit. - read more below!
- 2557 Dolores Way 5:30pm - 9pm (directions/info below)
- 1 raffle ticket for showing up
- 1 raffle ticket for each Defiant (or UpSki) product on a bike that you bring with you.
- Buy extra raffle tickets (2 per $5) benefiting the BoneDale Bike Project
- What you can win: We'll have a good selection of stuff to keep it lucrative, including custom framebags.
- Must be present to play/win
Our new space (which we moved into in early July) is at 2557 Dolores Way - 100m North of our old shop and backed up to the Rio-Grande Bike path. Or accessible by car/truck/van from Dolores Way turning right between the large blue warehouse construction project and "The Paint Store" then going to the alley and turning left to the farthest bay-door.
Also in the neighborhood on Friday in Carbondale: (For the non-locals, Carbondale hosts "First Friday" celebrations on the 1st Friday of the month.) A few doors down The Roaring Fork Beer Co will have many beers on tap, Live Music, and Slow Groovin' BBQ: (link to event on Facebook Here)
More commentary from Kevin: This has been a long time coming and a very exciting move for us. In 2012 with great support from friends and the community we opened up shop in Carbondale's "Napa Valley" in an upstairs shop above what soon became the Roaring Fork Beer Co tasting room. Four years later we finally got kicked out- the excuse we'd been waiting for to expand. We were down for <1 week in July before getting the sewing machines and production up and going - I don't think anyone even noticed. Expect fast turn around times on custom bags and new cool products from us in the next year.
Thanks Everyone - See you Friday!! - Kevin